Thank you so much for visiting this blog. Feel free to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. I've set some of my favorite music to play while you're visiting. If you would prefer to read in silence, just find the black box in the right hand column and click the pause button.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Three Whispered Words

This has been a season of wrestling...and struggling...and standing hard against fierce storms...and waging war in the Heavenlies on behalf of all my precious ones...big and little.  During the last two years He taught me about words such as Sovereignty (His alone) and Courageous Obedience (doing what He says and leaving the results to Him), Submissive Trust (remaining faithful and joyful when things are falling apart) and Complete Dependence Through Total Exhaustion (pretty much self explanatory).  Those lessons I have not mastered in any way, but as I reflect over the Bible studies he has led me through, and the devotions, and the journals,and the songs and the books He brought my way, I see His hand teaching me these things again and again.  I am thankful for His Grace that sustains in the midst of blistering barrages.  I am grateful for his Hand that supplies strength for the long haul.  I am thankful that His mercies are new every morning.

A new year brings thoughts of resolutions,lists, priorities and focus...but this year God is impressing on my heart just a few words. It 's not that I don't have many things I need to resolve to improve, change and rectify. That list is unfortunately quite lengthy. But as I've prayed about this new year...and this new season in our life with the adoptions finalized, I've heard my King whisper three words in my soul...Plant....Listen...Nurture. So those are my guiding words this year. I'm on the lookout for Him showing me ways to do those things...to BE those things...a Planter... A Listener...A Nurturer...and now I must go because there are several kiddos that need to be listened to right now.







1 comment:

Katie McDonnell said...

Hi! I found you on the Winter Promise forum and you seem to love it... looking to do C and C next year with a 10, 8 and 6 year old (I also have a 3 and 1 1/2 year old)... good plan? I have tried TOG and Sonlight and Story of the World and still not found a fit... I'm almost scared to get my hopes up about WP! (Nice to meet you!) ;) www.mcdonnellplace.com